Physiotherapy is a health care profession which assists people to restore, maintain and maximize their strength, function, movement, and overall well-being.
At E3, our Saskatoon physiotherapists have in-depth knowledge of how the body works and specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose, and treat symptoms of illness, injury and disability. Physiotherapy treatment at E3 includes rehabilitation, as well as prevention of injury, and promotion of health and fitness.
Physiotherapy treatment can help you become stronger and more flexible, increase freedom of movement and mobility, breathe easier, reduce pain, stay active, and prevent injury so you can resume activities important to you.
Pain management: Physiotherapy can help manage pain by using a combination of manual therapy, exercise prescription, and modalities such as dry needling.
Improved mobility: Physiotherapy can help improve mobility and range of motion through exercises and stretches designed to target specific areas of the body.
Injury prevention: By addressing potential areas of weakness or imbalance, physiotherapy can help prevent future injuries from occurring.
Rehabilitation: Physiotherapy can assist in the rehabilitation process after an injury or surgery, helping patients regain strength, flexibility, and function.
Education and self-management: Physiotherapists can provide education and guidance on how to manage symptoms and improve overall health and well-being through exercise, lifestyle changes, and other interventions.
Education and Advice
Movement and Exercise
One of the main aspects of physiotherapy treatment involves looking at the body as a whole rather than focusing on the individual factors of an injury.
Therefore, giving general advice about improving your well-being – for example, participating in regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight for your height and build – is an important part of physiotherapy treatment.
A physiotherapist can also give you specific advice to apply to everyday activities to look after yourself and reduce your risk of pain or injury.
For example, if you have back pain, you may be advised about good posture, correct lifting or carrying techniques, and avoiding awkward twisting, over-stretching or prolonged sitting.
Our Saskatoon Physiotherapists recommend movement and exercise to help improve your mobility and function. This may include:
- Rehabilitation program: A rehabilitation program is designed to help individuals recover from injuries or surgeries by focusing on restoring strength, flexibility, and range of motion. This program may include exercises, manual therapy, modalities such as heat or ice, and education on proper body mechanics and injury prevention.
- Pain management program: A pain management program is designed to help individuals manage chronic pain and improve their quality of life. This program may include exercises, manual therapy, modalities such as electrical stimulation or ultrasound, and education on pain management strategies and self-care techniques.
- Sports performance program: A sports performance program is designed to help athletes improve their physical function and enhance their athletic performance. This program may include exercises, manual therapy, sport-specific training, and education on injury prevention and performance optimization.
Our Saskatoon physiotherapists offer a variety of movement programs to meet each individual's unique needs and goals, whether they are recovering from an injury, managing chronic pain, or looking to enhance their athletic performance.
Manual therapy is a specialized form of physiotherapy that involves hands-on techniques to assess, diagnose, and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
This can help:
- Relieve Pain: Manual therapy techniques such as joint mobilization and soft tissue mobilization can help reduce pain and discomfort in the affected area.
- Improve Joint Mobility: Manual therapy can help improve joint mobility by increasing the range of motion and reducing stiffness.
- Improve Tissue Healing: Manual therapy can promote tissue healing by increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the affected area, speeding up the healing process.
- Improve Athletic Performance: Manual therapy can help improve athletic performance by improving range of motion, reducing pain and stiffness, and enhancing overall flexibility and mobility.
Manual therapy can treat specific problems, such as back pain, but may also be useful for a range of conditions that don't affect the bones, joints or muscles.
At E3 Chiropractic + Wellness, our Saskatoon Physiotherapists are trained in many different treatment techniques to address various injuries. This includes dry needling, soft tissue (muscle) work, and personalized physical rehabilitation plans.
We are specialists in the conservative management of all injuries. Our office provides a natural alternative to recovery that is centred around movement, exercise, and hands-on therapy instead of surgical interventions or medications
- Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer's Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Pain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Knee Pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Achilles Tendonitis